"I'll just have him 'sign his rights away'.......!"

Contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as arbitrarily having a parent "sign his or her rights away" in Indiana.  Parental rights can only be terminated if either: (1)another individual is prepared to adopt the child; or (2)the parent whose rights are to be terminated is deemed unfit in some way.  Whenever possible, the State of Indiana wants each child to always have two legal sources of support and two sources of inheritance.  In short, even if you have a one night stand and do not want the other parent involved in the resulting child, you cannot simply agree to have the one-night-stand sign his rights away and waive child support.  www.rebeccabillick.com